The Martha Educational Foundation (MEF or MarthaEDU) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered in the USA. MEF is exempt from Federal Income Tax under section 501(C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service. MEF USA, is affliated with MEF Ghana, an NGO registered under the company code of Ghana, 1963 (ACT 179) as a company limited by guarantee ( Reg. G18021) that operates the PEEP-TERS EXTENSION INSTITUTES in Ghana and beyond."
MEF, brings together a pool of highly qualified American and African, professionals with broad range of expertise in all areas of education, social-economic and health development.
We place the knowledge and skill of all development agencies as our contribution to helping the communities in America and Africa.
The Martha Educational Foundation (MEF) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered in the USA. MEF is exempt from Federal Income Tax under section 501(C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
OBJECTIVES IN AMERICA
- Leverage existing and emerging technology to deliver more training and higher quality education to underprivileged and at risk populations.
- Facilitate education programs for personal finance, small business development, youth leadership, mental health, community planning and targeted career training.
- Facilitate symbiotic relationships between local community organizations, local businesses and its disadvantaged citizens.
- Facilitate apprenticeship, mentoring and internship programs.
- Raise awareness about the opportunities to volunteer, contribute and advocate on behalf of Ghana and other African nations.
- Articulate the benefits people as individuals experience as well as benefits to nations, the global economy and the general well-being of our world.
MEF is presently funded by contributions from its founder,
board members and a small group of well wishers.
We are in the beginning stages of reaching out to other individuals and foundations that share our vision
and are inspired by our mission..
OBJECTIVES IN AFRICA
- Develop a network of inpatient and outpatient addiction recovery and mental health services.
- Deliver basic health, social and psychological services in the form of housing, counseling and testing for HIV/AIDS patients.
- Contribute to research and policy advocacy for agricultural and agro-industrial development by promoting best practices for storing agricultural products such as maize and beans.
- Help develop other African NGOS through technological and financial support when necessary.
- Facilitate youth and adult apprenticeship programs in multiple industries:
Services : hair dressing, tailoring, communication centers
Trading : general retailing, clothing and food products
Agriculture : cash crops, livestock, poultry and vegetable farming
- Bridge the digital gap to allow for equitable unimpeded access to information.
To facilitate transformation that empowers individuals to achieve their human potential and communities to fully utilize and benefit from local human resources.
To become the replicable model of success in collaborative community services for mental health and addiction prevention and treatment aligned with employment education and career services.
Official Mission Resolution Amended 2011
Therefore Be It Resolved, Martha Educational Foundation is led to move in the direction of providing mental health and addiction recovery to those in need of services;
Be It Further Resolved, that the revised vision of Martha Educational Foundation shall be to orchestrate American and African resources and professionals to empower communities and assist individuals and families to live healthier or more fulfilling lives both in Africa and in the United States through collaborative programs that provide humanitarian services, and mental health, substance abuse and relationship counseling.
Be It Further Resolved, that the revised mission of Martha Educational Foundation shall be providing assistance to (i) persons who are battling substance abuse and mental health issues including counseling, basic health services and other support services, (ii) needy families of persons battling substance abuse and mental health issues, and (iii) other impoverished individuals or families in need of temporary assistance. In addition, the Martha Educational Foundation will provide preventative education regarding substance abuse issues and education on mental health issues.
Be It Further Resolved, that Martha Educational Foundation will help solicit funds in Africa and the U.S. to support humanitarian mission-related projects in Ghana and other African nations to help accomplish this mission;
Be It Further Resolved, that Martha Educational Foundation will collaborate with like-minded organizations in the United States to offer expertise and resources by presenting counseling workshops to help those in need of services to achieve his or her highest potential.